Croatia: Main Facts

The New Riviera

Croatia Main Facts

Geographical Location
Croatia is located in South-eastern Europe between Central and Eastern Europe.

Land/Sea Boundaries
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary Serbia and Montenegro border the Republic of Croatia in the north, while Serbia and Montenegro are Croatia’s neighbours in the south. Slovenia borders this country in the west, while Serbia borders it in the east.

The official language, which is spoken by 96% of people, is Croatian. The other 4% includes such languages as Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and German.

The Croatian monetary unit is Kuna. It consists of 100 Lipa. There are 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 Lipa coins, 1, 2, 5 and 25 Kuna coins and 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1,000 Kuna banknotes.